Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I despise New Year's Resolutions.  I see them as a fad, or a phase.  Something everyone starts and 99.99% give up, often before January ends.  However, this year I have decided to give in and to give it a go.  So here they are, my New Year's Resolutions.

1.  To find a better balance.  I hope that by being this broad on December 31, 2011 I will be able to say that I was successful.  On a more serious note, what I mean by this is to find a better balance between work and home.  To remember that my family comes first, but to also remember that work is how I provide for them.  I need to make time for myself as well.  If only there were more than 24 hours in a day.

2.  To achieve a brown belt, (3rd kup) in Taekwon Do.  This should be attainable if I continue to train with reasonable pace and consistency since I am currently a purple belt, (5th kup).

3.  To reduce my credit debt by 50%.  Notice I said "credit"?  I don't want to include my mortgage or car-payment into the equation since I don't expect to win the lottery anytime soon.  A rough estimate of my credit debt is $5,700.00.  This means paying off about $2,850.00 by December 31, 2011.  This also means budgeting better for Christmas 2011 and avoiding credit cards come next holiday season. 

4.  To try to be a better mom, a better lover, a better pet-owner.. in summary yep you guessed it.  a better me. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment