Today marks the first day that I jump head first into the crazy world of P90X. Preperation included grocery shopping and menu planning for both the Mr. and I. We are making a few changes to the plan as I really don't see it necessary to stick solely to P90X bars, protein drinks, recovery drinks etc.
So far my thoughts on the matter... well it's a whole lotta protein and the workout today was hell. I'm extremly sore althought that could be from the Thai massage I enjoyed earlier. The worst part? I don't know how to fit my daily Starbucks habit into all of this. Now dropping the habit wouldn't be that bad of an idea.. it would certainly help with my goal of reducing debt because those 1% pumplin spice latte's can sure add up. I'm just not sure I'm ready for that. Today was a sucess but tomorrow is a new challange.
Should someone stumble upon my page, I don't mean to bore you with details but here is what I ate:
Breakfast: Banana. I know, I know NOT ideal. I don't normally eat breakfast at all though so I see it as an improvement.
Snack: Jillian Michales Whey Protein powder mixed with fat-free milk. Yum!
Lunch: Coffee. No not Starbucks, super plain and not my favorite for sure. Chicken Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. I was at Burgerville waiting while my car was being worked on. For those of you who don't have a Burgerville... I am so, so, sorry. They are fantastic and local and definitely not your typical fast food joint.
Snack: Odwalla protein bar. Not bad, but I prefer Cliff Bars.
Dinner: Beef and Broccoli stir-fry with soba noodles. The recipe came from the P90X nutrition plan. I would share it but I really wasn't that thrilled with it. If I come up with some good ones I'll be sure to post.
So there it is.. my "P90X Day 1". Logged. Done. Accomplished. I plan on posting some before pictures tonight, or may be tomorrow a.m. For now, I'm grabbing a big bottle of water and settling in to watch a movie. A little bit of lazy won't kill me.
No comments:
Post a Comment