Saturday, January 15, 2011

P90X Day 8: It's All About Finding What Works For You

Such a lovely day today, most weekends are.  I'll share another P90X friendly recipe.  So Yummy.  I have portion information as well.  I really needed to up my daily protein, I'm just not used to eating so much.  The recipe below really helped today. 

Spinach Mushroom Scramble
6 Egg Whites
4 Pieces of Turkey Bacon
1 Cup Fresh Spinach
1/4 Cup Diced Mushrooms
1.5 oz Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
Pepper to taste

1.  Cut up Turkey Bacon into smaller pieces.  Size is your preference.  Cook in a skillet sprayed with PAM until lightly browned.  Add Spinach and Mushrooms and cook for a bit til Bacon is completely done, and Mushrooms & Spinach are cooked.  Drop in all egg whites and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over it.  Scramble it all up and cook until eggs are done.  Add pepper to taste.

This counts for 3 Protein, 1/2-3/4th a Vegetable and 1 Dairy.

The workout today was Kenpo X.  Annother one of my favorites.  I enjoy Taekwon Do so this one was right up my ally.  We re-evaluated the weeks plan and made a few adjustments.  Here is our weekly schedule:

Sunday- Yoga X
Monday - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Tuesday - Kenpo X
Wednesday - Rest or X Stretch
Thursday - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X
Friday - Plyometrics
Saturday - Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X

This way the workouts fall in the same order but the start date was adjusted a bit.  This allows for us to do Yoga on the weekend when we have more time and the rest day falls on one of my TKD Training Days so although I won't get a rest I won't have a double work-out that day.

Whew.  So by posting that now I have decided I don't need to detail my workouts each day for at least the next week.  I'll only note if I strayed away from it or succeeded in it.  This should give me more freedom and time to write about other mundane stuff that really no one else likely cares about.  Yea Me!

On a more personal note, we took our Scout group to the Zoo today and had such a fun time, despite the yuckie rain.  Corrrection.  It wasn't rain, it was a downpour today.  May be we will get some snow soon.  Sun is my first choice but if I can't have that I'll settle for snow.  I hate the rain and certainly shouldn't be living in a State with so much of it.  Unfortunately, moving is not an option so for now I will go bury my head under a nice warm blanket, try to shut out the dreary sound and hopefully dream of warmer days.   

No comments:

Post a Comment