Monday, January 10, 2011

P90X Day 3: Three Steps Forward and Two Steps (or Three or Four) Back

Today did not go as well as I hoped.  I thought about not posting this at all but I promised myself aside from random ramblings and quotes that I would hold myself accountable while on this crazy P90X journey so here I am.

The workout schedule said Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X.  The Mr. and I planned on getting up early to work out.  At 5:30 a.m. the alarm clock went off, and when he said he was really sore and asked to skip today I was too tired to care and agreed.  Shame on me.  As if that wasn't bad enough my menu for the day follows:

Breakfast:  Coffee, and Creamer.  Not a very good breakfast. 

Snack:  Cliff Bar. 

Lunch:  Twelve boneless Buffalo Wild Wings.  I know, I know, what was I thinking but my-oh-my those things are so yummy!  At least I ate them without the ranch and I did have two celery sticks with them.

Dinner:  Fried chicken breast, small piece of lasagna, garlic bread, two biscuits and a coke.  Game night, Ducks vs. Auburn.  Buffet style dinner.  Wow.  Not really an excuse.  I think after the Chicken I figured what the hey.

Not a very "Tony Horton" friendly eating plan.  The only good thing I can say is that I stayed away from my usual Starbucks.  That's three days in a row!

I did some additional planning tonight in preperation for tomorrow, well at least for Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks.  I'm not sure what to do for dinner.  I work full time and after dropping my adorable son off at school in the morning I do not get to see his smiling face again until I come home from work, usually arriving at about 6:00 p.m. 

Tomorrow evening I have a parent meeting for my sons Scout group at 7:00 p.m.  This means I have less than an hour to plan, cook and feed my family a healthy meal.  This also means I don't have time to workout in the evening which in turn means trying again tomorrow to get up at 5:30 a.m. 

If I go to bed right this very second I should get in six hours of slumber.  Not enough beauty sleep for me, I prefer at least seven but I guess it's time for ths princess to "suck it up".  There has to be a change for change to happen.

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel your pain! I'm finishing out my first week of my diet today and the first day of my diet I ate at Taco Bell... talk about a diet wrecker!! I love food too, and I had a tremendous weight gain last year since I weaned my littlest, and it's hard to remember that I can't eat whatever I want anymore, since I'm not eating for TWO anymore LOL!

    Also, my muscles are currently quite sore, still left over from day one of my working out at the gym. Sigh.

    After reading through your blog it looks like we have a lot in common! I will keep up on how you are doing and that way we each have a partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hiya. Taco Bell, he he I haven't eaten there in a while cause they are worse then a bag of lays chips.. can't eat just one. I always want multiple soft taco's. I wish you best of luck! I will have to keep up on how you are doing as well.

    ReplyDelete