Sunday, January 9, 2011

Random Adorable Moment

I have much to do today, chores and preperation for the work week ahead.  Monday through Friday is always so busy for us.  In the name of procrastination I have decided at least for now to share a sweet moment I had recently with my 10 y/o son.

We were laying on the floor watching t.v.  I was enjoying the snuggle time because at the age of 10 I'm finding hugs, kisses and loving moments come less often.  My boyfriend must have been feeling a little jealous because he said, "you know kiddo.. when I marry your mom we are going on a honeymoon.  I'm taking her on a cruise and your not coming."

Now I felt his comment was a little harsh, he often comes off a little brash.  I do understand his frustration because in the few years we have been together we have not been away on our own for more than one night.  I will save reasons on why I am so uncomfortable with leaving my son and why he is so uncomfortable without me for a different day as it is the darkness that is my past and this is about a "random adorable moment."

I leaned into my son and giggled and whispered in a voice loud enough for all to hear, "don't listen to a word of it buddy.. he doesn't know what he's talking about." 

My boyfriend softened a bit and explained that he wanted to take me on a cruise because he knew if we took a vacation by airplane or car I would not stay.  That I would cut the trip short to be home.  He noted that if we took a cruise I would be stuck on the boat in the middle of the ocean. 

Now for the "adorable moment".  My son looked up at me and said in the sweetest little boy voice.. "I don't know dad... she's awfully beautiful.  The captain might turn the boat around for her." 

It left me speechless, words can't even describe as a mother how that made me feel.  He's a sweet-talker that one and I couldn't be prouder. 

3 comments:

  1. This is really a sweet thing for your son to say. Many mothers I agree would be speechless. Best Wishes ~Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and for commenting. Best Wishes to you as well.

    ReplyDelete